The J. Robert Gladden Orthopedic Society (JRGOS) will offer a mentorship and professional development program to Orthopedic Surgery Residents and Medical students who demonstrate an early interest in orthopedic surgery. Candidates will be paired with active and emeritus members of JRGOS based on their expressed area of interest, geographical location and year in training.
- Mentors will be assigned no more than two (2) mentees per calendar year.
- When possible, mentees will be assigned to mentors within 100 miles of their academic institution.
- When possible, mentees will be assigned to mentors of their expressed area of interest.
- Mentors who are less than two years out of residency/ fellowship may be paired with a
PGY-1 resident or medical student.
- Mentors who are two years or more out of residency/fellowship will be preferentially paired with an orthopedic surgery resident at PGY-2 level or above.
- Mentees will be required to send the assigned mentor one professional photo, CV/resume, and goal sheet (listed below) within fourteen calendar days of acceptance into the mentorship program.